You are not alone when you find yourself feeling lost over the best exercise you can engage in to burn fat and lose weight. It can be so frustrating when you continue to work out regularly and don’t see tangible results. This is why it is essential that you engage in the best bodyweight exercises that will help you lose weight.
“How you do anything is how you do everything,” says the athlete turn entrepreneur; Cody Allen.These words simply mean that the level of precision you put into a single workout will determine your overall fitness outcome.
In this article, we have compiled the best fat-burning exercises that will help you get the desired results while using materials that are readily available. You can perform any of these exercises in the comfort of your home.
Push-Ups for Bodyweight Exercises
Push-ups can easily be regarded as the most popular bodyweight exercise there is. This exercise is excellent when you wish to improve your upper body strength and to build your muscles. You can decide to do some Push-ups almost anywhere as it doesn’t require any material or equipment. All you need is your bodyweight.
- To start, be in a plank position.
- Place both hands on the floor around shoulder level.
- Make sure you keep your body straight and your weight supported on your toes and hands.
- Inhale as you slowly lower your body until your elbow is at a 90 degree angle
- Exhale asyou push yourself back to the plank position.
- Repeat this process until you achieve your goal for the day.
Note: Ensure your body is straight throughout this motion; avoid arching your back and ensure your core is engaged.
If you are looking for one of the most effective exercises for burning fats, then try burpees. It can be difficult at first for beginners but very effective in burning calories as it targets many muscle groups simultaneously.
Follow the steps below to perform a perfect Burpee exercise.
- Squat down with your back straight and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower both hands to the floor so they are in front of your feet.
- Focusing all your weight on your hands, jump your feet back into a push-up position
- You can either do a push-up (full burpee) or skip the push-up (half burpee).
- Jump your feet back to their original position behind your hands
- Steadily stand up and jump as high as you can. You can raise your hands as you jump.
- Land on your bent knee in a squat position.
- Repeat this process.
Note: Burpees require a lot of energy, so be well-prepared before you start.
Squats for Bodyweight Exercises
Although squats primarily target your lower body, if done correctly, it can also tone your core. This exercise strengthens. It is crucial that you protect your joints by wearing proper footwear. Be in a standing position.
- Keep your chest straight with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Firmly plant your feet to the ground as you bend your knee and sit your hips backward.
- Engage your core and inhale as you squat down.
- Stand up while focusing all the pressure on your heels, not toes.
- Exhale as you stand up.
- Repeat this process.
Note: You should perform this exercise on a flat supportive surface.
Lunges are in a way similar to squats because they too target your entire lower body from your feet up to your glutes. But they are more challenging and require much more energy.
- Start by standing straight. Place your right foot in front of your left foot.
- Keep your shoulders back. Ensure that your hips and knees are faced to the front.
- Lower your body down until your rear knee is almost touching the floor while your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Jump up back to the standing position and restart the process with the opposite foot.
Sit-ups for Bodyweight Exercises
Sit-ups are a simple but yet very effective bodyweight exercise for weight loss and core training. You can achieve your goal when you consistently practice this exercise over time.
- Lie on the floor, bending your knees and placing your feet firmly on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head. You should ensure that you don’t pull on your neck.
- Lift the upper part of your body all the way to your knees.
- Lower yourself down slowly, returning to the starting position. Repeat process.
Most people would not fancy climbing a hill daily to burn fat. But you are about to learn how you can climb a mountain on the floor in the comfort of your home. Mountain climbers work on every muscle of your body and also help keep your heart rate in check. You’re sure going to feel blood pumping and your heart racing almost as soon as you start this exercise.
- To start, be in a plank position.
- Ensure that your weight is evenly distributed between your hands and your toes.
- Then, pull one knee towards your chest while the other one still maintains its position.
- Then switch legs quickly and continue the process for as long as you can.
Dips are similar to pull-ups in that they both target similar muscle groups. Dips is an effective bodyweight exercise that targets your triceps, abs, shoulders, chest, and back.
You will need to find a place with two stable bars if you wish to perform this exercise. The two stable bars will be on each side of you. You need to practice the dips exercise only if you’re sure you can do it.
- Grab your dips bars and hoist yourself up with your arms straight.
- Steadily lower your body by bending your elbows as you lean forward.
- Ensure that your shoulders get below your elbows.
- Use the dips bars to push yourself back up again.
- Restart the process all over.
Note:You will struggle at the beginning of this exercise, but with patience and practice, you’ll be able to master it.
Wrap Up for Bodyweight Exercises
You can try out any of the listed exercises above depending on which is more convenient for you. Ensure always to practice and set a target tailored to your progress.It is also vital that you improve on subsequent exercise sessions if you wish to get the desired result in good time.
Even if you have a busy schedule, these exercises will help you get in shape and tone your body without taking up too much time. These are straightforward ways to lose weight in the comfort of your home.
For more information to guide your fitness journey,click here.