Kirsten Simone Vangsness was born on 7 July 1972 in Pasadena, California and brought up in Porterville, California. She is an American actress and writer, recognized for the outstanding portrayal of FBI Technical Analyst Penelope Gracia on the CBS drama series name ‘Criminal Minds’. Apart from her films and dramas, the actress is also popular for Kirsten Vangsness weight loss journey.
More About Kirsten Vangsness Weight Loss
Kirsten Vangsness was a shy girl and had a lisp but she went under speech therapy treatment to get rid of it. Then she began to act in plays and through acting she slowly came out of the shell she had built around herself.
Since her childhood, she was chubby and overweight. Her body was curvier than other kids around her. People used to tease her for being heavy and overweight. It affected her confidence that’s why, before coming in the limelight, she decided to shed those extra pounds that made her look chubby. Before losing weight, Kirsten Vangsness’s weight was some around 200 pounds or approx 91kg. Currently, she is around 150 pounds as she lost the extra 50 pounds.
Kirsten Vangsness Weight Loss Journey
In an interview, she talked about her daily routine and how she lost weight because both her fans and the reporters were interested in knowing more about Kirsten Vangsness weight loss journey.
She said that the entire credit of her weight loss journey goes to the ‘Full-Filled weight loss programme that was a series of podcasts. This programme motivated people to lose fat and changed their relationship with food and life in a spiritual way. During the programme, she learned the art of dieting and eating healthy. She was greatly moved and inspired by the programme author, Renee Stephens because Renee had struggled a lot due to her heavy body.
Kirsten felt connected to Renee and followed her advice. Her mentor, Renee helped her in staying active and positive throughout the journey. She supported Kirsten in maintaining a perceptive mind and peaceful approach to weight loss.
Kirsten Vangsness Weight Loss Diet 2020
Initially, it was challenging for Kirsten to maintain her sanity and leave the taste behind. However, she stayed focused and concentrated on the journey. She stopped worrying about her meals and sacrificed taste for the sake of fitness and health.
Kirsten Vangsness is a vegetarian so she didn’t eat meat, chicken or fish to get protein and she didn’t even drink protein shakes but followed the natural diet. She ate natural, vegetarian and clean food that helped her a lot. She used to have three beverages through the day- water, one caffeinated and one non-caffeinated
Although the actress hasn’t revealed much about her diet but whatever little information she gave was enough for her followers to convey. Have a look at the things she ate during her fat loss journey.
Breakfast (Time 7:00 a.m.)
She kept her breakfast light but nutritious and filled her plate with- 1 avocado toast + 1 cup black coffee/green tea and one-fourth cup bengal gram.
Snack (Time 10:00 a.m.)
Different fruits combined together but mostly papaya and watermelon.
Lunch (Time 12:30 p.m.)
Tuna salad or mushroom salad paired with 1 cup butter milk or coconut water. She sometimes experimented with her salads.
Snack (Time 3:30 p.m.)
A cup of green tea along with a digestive biscuit.
Dinner (Time 7:00 p.m.)
She kept her dinner very light and had 1 cup lentil soup with a multigrain flatbread and a cup of warm milk before going to bed.
Tips to Lose Weight of Kirsten Vangsness
You can learn many things from Kirsten Vangsness weight loss journey. Here are some tips that can help you in shedding that extra weight.
- Say no to junk food and eliminate all sources of refined food and trans fat. Avoid eating outside and eat home made fresh food. Also stop having packaged food as they aren’t fresh but preserved
- Drink water as much as you can, 8 glasses per day would be idol
- Avoid eating grains late night and finish your meals before sunset because eating late night hardly gets digested inside the body and rot within the system
- Workout daily and do some sets of crunches, twisters, high knees, leg kicks, burpees, dumbbell press, and bicep curls etc. Kirsten Vangsness had done it all to lose weight. So work out is must and it should not be missed
- Walk as much as you can, avoid using vehicles if the place is nearby. Measure your steps through an app and rather than taking lift climb stairs at least till the third floor
- Practice intermediate fasting as it is the best way to lose weight. Pick up a window of 8 hours and finish all your meals within the chosen time and avoid eating anything in the remaining 16 hours. In starting, you can choose 10 hour window
- Eat a balanced diet that is full of protein, vitamins, fibre, healthy fats and good carbs. Balanced meal will melt your fat and it will support you in building muscles
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, get proper rest of some around 7 to 8 hours, never skip your breakfast. Sleep on time and wake up early in the morning
- Don’t take stress and it will cut extra pounds from your body. Stay happy and cheerful throughout the day
Kirsten Vangsness weight loss journey was a difficult ride for the actress herself but she stayed motivated and continued the path. For this continuity, her fans adore her and see her as an idol. She is a great inspiration for many people who are struggling to lose weight.
Her weight loss journey teaches us that
it is important to lose fat in order to stay healthy and we all should understand that health is the real treasure and weight loss and health goes hand in hand. You can lose extra pounds anytime all you need to do is to stay focused, disciplined and determined.