Supplements are nutrients that are either not found in the body or benefit it when taken in large quantities. They are mostly found in powdered form, to be taken with water or milk. Other than that, they are also available in liquid, pill, bar, and meal forms.
pre workout supplements help you get the most out of your workout as they contain ingredients that help your body focus more on the exercises. However, not all of them taste good, so people tend to avoid taking them. If you too are a workout maniac and are contemplating getting a pre workout supplement, we are here to help you decide. You can also find some good tasting pre workout supplements on our website.
Now let’s consider a few reasons to get a great tasting pre workout supplement.
1. Enhances focus
A great tasting pre workout contains caffeine, an important ingredient for any pre workout supplement. It benefits you by increasing your concentration and is a proven energy booster. It will keep you energized for the entire workout session, ultimately helping you in your fitness journey.
2. Contains vitamins(Pre Workout Supplement)
Another primary component of a good pre workout supplement is vitamins. Most of the great tasting supplements have vitamins like vitamin B and B12. These are known for their role in improving metabolism and energy. Apart from vitamins, pre workout supplements may also contain Creatine, which helps in high-intensity exercises.
3. Keeps you pumped up
A pre workout supplement has nutrients like L-citrulline and L-arginine that increase the production of Nitric oxide in the blood, and thereby help pump more blood into your muscles. Another source of increasing your insulin level is BCCA, which also keeps testosterone levels in check.
4. Increased recovery
The most underrated benefit of a pre workout is it helps you recover faster as soon as your workout gets over. This is as it helps to increase the blood flow which is needed to get rid of the cellular waste in an effective manner Also, the post work out nutrients are absorbed by the body in a proper manner thereby leading to better recovery.
5. Contains amino acids(Pre Workout Supplement)
Another reason to get pre workout supplements is that they contain essential amino acids like Betaine. It helps to process the body fats and maintain the body’s normal functioning. Other than that, it improves muscle size, body composition structure, and also helps increase work capacity.
6. Sweeteners for taste
People often avoid supplements due to their blunt taste, but some supplements come with sweeteners for an added taste. These sweeteners are low-calorie and not made of processed sugar. You must make sure to check that the added sweeteners are made of natural ingredients like stevia or monk fruit extract.
7. Contains beta-alanine(Pre Workout Supplement)
Our muscles consume glycogen for energy during workouts, which then transforms into Lactic acid and causes glucose breakdown, preventing the body from getting more energy. Beta-alanine prevents glucose breakdown by adding Histidine, an amino acid, to reduce muscle acidity.
Apart from these reasons, there are a few other factors you need to keep in mind while getting a pre workout supplement.
- Take them at proper intervals: There are pre workout and post-workout supplements, and both are meant to be taken in their respective sessions. One must refrain from consuming a pre workout supplement after a workout session to avoid any mishaps.
- Overconsumption: Supplements work only when taken in moderation. As they are essentially an extra supply of nutrients, your body won’t be able to handle too much of them. Therefore, you should always be mindful of the quantity consumed.
- Side-effects: Although pre workout supplements don’t have any major side-effects, some people may face minor ones like diarrhea, nausea, drowsiness, vomiting, headache, etc.
- Look out for natural sweeteners: The presence of a sweet flavour usually makes the supplements great tasting and also leads to even better experience. But always look out for natural sweeteners that are safe to consume. The common flavours include watermelon, lemon, strawberry and fruit fusion.
We have detailed a few reasons to use a great tasting pre workout supplement. If you are planning to get one, make sure to check these and also consider other necessary caveats mentioned here. If you have any further queries, leave your comments below. Stay tuned for more updates!