Nowadays, more and more diet and exercise plans are becoming popular and are being introduced as means of weight loss. Keto, vegan, raw food, and the Mediterranean are just some of the diets and eating plans worth mentioning. With so many options, it’s very easy to get confused and miss on the opportunity to implement any of them.
Today, we’re going to get you acquainted with one of the increasingly popular eating plans, along with some of the best tips and weight loss supplements out there.
What’s Intermittent Fasting?
Perhaps you’ve been told before that you should eat between 5-8 small meals at regular intervals for optimal weight loss. Well, this method proposes a whole different system.
Intermittent fasting isn’t exactly a diet and wasn’t designed specifically for weight loss. Instead, it’s a specific eating pattern involving periodical cycles between eating and fasting. For example, one of the most popular plans – the 16:8 method, means that you’re only allowed to eat for 8 hours per day, but you should refrain from eating for the remaining 16 hours.
What’s more, unlike with diets, there are no restrictions on what you should and what you shouldn’t eat, which makes it a very welcoming plan for many people. The supporters of this method build on the fact that our ancient ancestors used to go for hours or even days between eating as finding food wasn’t an easy task. This way, the body supposedly got used to such eating patterns that the followers consider more beneficial.
Additionally, along with a possible weight loss, this eating method may also bring other benefits to the table. These include a lower risk of high glucose and blood pressure and a boosted immune system.
However, you should bear in mind that this method might not be suitable for everyone, and you should consult with a doctor to find out if there are any risks.
Until fasting gets more conclusive evidence, it’s probably more advisable to stick to proven weight loss tips that actually work, which are risk-free and easy to comply with.
So, here they are!
- Maintain Regular Physical Activity: One of the best things you can do is to introduce sports to your daily life. Not only that it’s a great way to lose and maintain your desired weight, but it also has numerous other health benefits. If you haven’t practiced any sports in a while, don’t worry, everyone has to start somewhere. Your best bet would be to introduce regular aerobic exercises like running, cycling, or swimming. They’ll get your body used to sports in no time.
Researchers have found that people who are fit and exercise regularly have more than a 50% reduction in risk of suffering from a cardiovascular incident. Not only that, but exercise also lowers the risk of diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis, and even cancer.
We also know that participating in sports before college had a significant positive impact on self-esteem. Exercising regularly most certainly has a strong effect on adults’ confidence as well. Believing in yourself is the first step to success in any endeavor.
2. Eat Foods That Are High In Protein and Fiber: When it comes to dieting, a great strategy is to focus on foods that are high in protein and fiber because of how well they work together. Proteins are critical for building and maintaining a healthy lean muscle mass and various biochemical processes like enzyme reactions and hormone secretion. Foods high in protein include meat, fish, beans, eggs, and other dairy products.
Fibers, on the other hand, maintain your bowel health, which is essential for overall well-being. Moreover, fibers reduce cholesterol and improve blood sugar levels. Some of the foods highest in fiber include fruits, vegetables, wholegrain bread and oats, nuts, and seeds.
Creating a balanced diet plan by yourself is often challenging, and the best thing to do would be to get in touch with a nutritionist who’ll do the hard work for you. Additionally, checking on the best weight loss supplements may significantly speed up your weight loss journey.
3. Abstain From Foods and Drinks With Added Sugar:Candies, cookies, fizzy drinks, and juices with added sugar are weight loss’s biggest enemy. They can lead to insulin spikes, which further increase appetite.
When you feel like you want to have something sweet, have a piece of dark chocolate instead that won’t slow down your weight loss progress.
4. Sleep Well and Enough: Sleep is a recurring process that’s critical for the existence of most living creatures, including humans. Naturally, continuous sleep deprivation will have immense consequences on our overall health. Adults should get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every day, but 8 are even more advisable since every organism differs on its own.
If you’re having problems with your sleeping patterns, fixing them should be your number one priority if you’d like to stay healthy and lose weight. Studies are conclusive that sleep deprivation is a serious factor of obesity in adults.
5. Drink Plenty of Water: According to scientists, water makes up to 60% of an adult’s body. Additionally, some organs like the lungs and kidneys are composed of more than 80% of water! These facts just serve to vaguely point out the importance of drinking for our bodies and overall health.
While your daily water intake mainly depends on your weight and surrounding climate, it’s safe to say that an adult should drink a minimum of eight 8-ounce glasses, equaling approximately 2 liters every day. Scientists concur that not drinking enough water may lead to dehydration, which transfers thirst into hunger signals, leading to more food consumption.
Another tip would be to check out Modere Trim, which is one of the weight loss supplements on the market. Look it up and see if it might be something you’re looking for.
And there we have it! We’ve presented you with everything you have to know about intermittent fasting. Since it might not be the best option for everyone, we also pointed out some of the most effective and risk-free tips for healthy weight loss.
If you manage to apply all of these strategies successfully, you’ll most certainly start noticing positive effects in just a few weeks or months!